If the passenger’s journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure the Warsaw Convention may be applicable and the Convention governs and in most cases limit the liability of carriers for death or personal injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage. See also notices headed “Advice to international passenger’s on limitation of liability” and “Notice of baggage liability limitations”.
ADVICE TO INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS ON LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Passengers on a journey involving and ultimate destination or a stop in a country other than the country for origin are advised that the provisions of a treaty known as the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to the entire journey, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination. For such passengers on a journey to, from, or with an agreed stopping place in the United State of America, the Convention and special contracts of carriage embodied in applicable tariffs provide that the liability of parties to such special contracts, for death of or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to proven damages not to exceed US$75,000 per passenger, and that this liability up to such limit shall not depend or negligence on the part of the carrier. For such passengers travelling by a carrier not a party to such special contracts or a journey not to, from, or having an agreed stopping place in the United State of America, liability of the carrier for death or personal injury to passengers is limited in most cases to approximately US$10,000 or US$20,000.
The names of carriers, parties to such special contracts are available at all ticket offices of such carriers and may be examined on request. Additional protection can usually be obtained by purchasing insurance from a private company. Such insurance is not affected by any limitation of the carrier’s liability under the Warsaw Convention or such special contracts of carriage. For further information, please consult your airline or insurance company representative.
Note: The limit of liability of US$75,000 above is inclusive of legal fees and costs except that in case of a claim brought in a state where provision is made for separate award of legal fees and costs, the limit shall be the sum of US$58,000 exclusive of legal fees and costs.
NOTICE OF BAGGAGE LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Liability for loss, delay, or damage to baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. For most international travel (including domestic portions of international journeys) the liability limit is approximately US$9.07 per pound (US$20.00 per kilo) for checked baggage and US$400.00 per passenger for unchecked baggage. For travel wholly between U.S. points, Federal rules require any limit on an airline’s baggage liability to be at least US$1,250.00 per passenger. Excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles. Some carriers assume no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable articles. Further information may be obtained from the carrier.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. As used in this contract “ticket” means this passenger ticket and baggage check of which these conditions and the notices form part, “carriage” is equivalent to “transportation”, “carrier” means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage. “WARSAW CONVENTION” means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to international Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12thOctober 1929, or that convention as amended at The Hague 28th September 1955.
2. Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not international carriage as defined by that convention.
3. To the extend not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: (i) provisions contained in this ticket, (ii) applicable tariffs, (iii) carriers conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in the United States of Canada and any place outside thereof, to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
4. Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, regulations or timetables. Carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carriers name in the ticket; the agreed stopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carrier’s timetables as schedule stopping places on the passenger’s route; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
5. An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
6. Any exclusion on limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
7. Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage moving in international transportation complaint must be made in writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within 7 days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint must be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non-international transportation.
8. This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided in this ticket, in carrier’s tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations. The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
9. Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
10. Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or, if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
11. No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
NOTICE OF GOVERNMENT IMPOSED TAXES AND FEES
The price of the ticket may include taxes and fees which are imposed on air transportation by government authorities. These taxes and fees which may represent a significant portion of the cost of air travel, are either included in the fare, or shown separately in the “TAX” box of this ticket. You may also be required to pay taxes or fees not already collected.
Certain fares (mostly discounted fares for excursion, group or inclusive tour) restrict the validity of your tickets, the dates of your journeys or voluntary changes of routing. When in doubt, please check with your ticketing office.
APPLICATION FOR REFUND
Application for refund should be made during the period of validity of the ticket, and ASIAN WINGS reserves the rightto refuse refund when application therefore is made more than thirty ( 30 ) days after expiry date of the ticket.
Flight coupons must be used in Sequence from the place of departure as shown on passenger’s coupon.
Passengers are requested to report to the airport check-in counter by latest one hour before scheduled departure time. No flight will be delayed because of late reporting by passenger. If a passenger does not comply with the check-in time, carrier may cancel the reservation.
For adult or child, the baggage allowance of 20 kg is permitted. No free baggage allowance for infant.
NO SHOW NOTICE
Failure to use confirmed reservation would mean that onward or return reservations are deemed cancelled. To prevent this, please cancel booked reservation if you change your travel plan.
If you break your journey for more than 72 hours at any point, please RECONFIRM your intention of using your continuing or return reservation. To do so please inform the airline office at the point from which you intend to resume your journey at least 72hours before departure of your flight.
ISSUED BY ASIAN WINGS AIRWAYS LTD.